Quite a few members of our Chapter attended and entered the 2016 IPMS/USA National Convention,
which was held August 3-6, 2016 in Columbia, SC. Below are their entries and their results (NOTE: if you click on the Entry Names that have hyperlinks, it will display the Official IPMS Award Picture). "WELL DONE" to all!
1. Azerbaijani Mig-29UB (Revell), 1/32 – Tom Wingate [2nd Place – 140B: Aircraft, Jet Powered, Twin Engine, 1/32]
2. Tiger 1 Late Production Pz.Kpfw.VI Ausf. E (DML + Model Club Metal tracks), 1/35 – Tom Wingate [DNP – 200-B: Closed Top AFVs, 1/48 & Larger, through Korea, Axis Heavy AFVs]
3. Sd.Kfz.186 Jagdtiger Porsche Production Type (DML + Spade Ace Tracks, PE extras, scratch Radiator & Fans), 1/35 – Tom Wingate [1st Place – 200-B: Closed Top AFVs, 1/48 & Larger, through Korea, Axis Heavy AFVs]
4. LT George S. Patton & French FT-17 Light Tank (Cast Turret), 1918 (Shapeways & Meng Model), 1/35 – Phil Cavender [3rd Place – 206-B: Open- Top AFVs & AFVs with Interiors, 1/48 & Larger, Allied]
5. T-55 Somalia Army 1990 (Tamiya + Eduard PE, RB Barrel metal barrel), 1/35 – Tim Darrah [3rd Place – 201-B, Closed Top AFVs, 1/48 & Larger, Post Korea, Warsaw Pact & Russian AFVs]
6. SAS 1/4 Ton 4x4 Truck ETO (DML), 1/35 – Tim Darrah [DNP – 218-B: Soft-skinned Military Vehicles, 1/48 & Larger, Allied Vehicles]
7. Roman Legionnaire (Italeri), 1/72 – Kevin Cook [2nd Place – 300, Figures, Dismounted & Mounted (All Eras), 53mm & Smaller]
8. Afrika Corps AFV Commander (Verlinden), 1/35 – Robin Evans [3rd Place – 306-A, Figures, Dismounted, Post 1900, 54mm to 70mm]
9. Tree Lord (Games Workshops), 28mm – Rebecca Hettmansperger [DNP– 322-A: Figures, Fantasy, Non-Human, 53mm & Smaller]
10. Grey Knight Terminator Champion (Games Workshops), 28mm – Rebecca Hettmansperger [1st Place – 324-B: Figures, Sci-Fi, Non-Human]
11. Kubelwagen Radio Car (Tamiya, Tiger Werke Conversion), 1/35 – Tim Darrah [DNP – 720: Diorama, Small Composition, 1/48 & Larger]
12. IPMS/USA Regional Newsletter & Editor of the Year, 2016 – John Currie “The Newsflash” [Outstanding Achievement]
To see more meeting photos, click here!
Our member interests span the entire spectrum of the subject and include all eras and nationalities, from pre-WWI experiments with armored cars to vehicles seen on the most contemporary battlefields of today. Our interests include not only fully-tracked main battle tanks, but also engineering vehicles, halftracks, armored cars, artillery and guns, as well as soft-skin military support vehicles, figures, and even "hypothetical" and sci-fi military subjects. Model-building genres cover all scales and mediums from traditional injection molded plastic to resin, white metal, and scratch-building.
We invite you to come and join us at our next meeting and share the comradery found in our little "band of brothers (and sisters)!"
For more information, please contact us:
AMPS CENTRAL SC HOME
Regular Club Meeting, July 13, 2016
"Stealing" a gift during our Christmas Party on 09DEC15
The Central South Carolina "Wildcats" Chapter of the Armor Modeling and Preservation Society (AMPS) was established in August, 2010.
We meet on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm (1800 hrs) at the HobbyTown USA, 10120 Two Notch Road (Publix Shopping Center), Columbia, SC 29223, (803) 736-0959.
Meeting Info Flyer
Our meetings are open to anyone who shares our interest and enthusiasm for the history and technology associated with armored fighting vehicles and the men and women who serve in the military forces of the world along side those same vehicles.
Please see Our FaceBook Page for more picture, activities and info.
Ben used a Tamiya “U.S. M60A3 105mm Gun Tank” 1/35 scale kit No. 35140. Instead of building the kit “Out of the Box”, he added an Eduard Photo Etch set along with AFV Club M60 / M48 T142 Track Links Workable. Ben topped off his build with a MERDIC camouflage scheme.